It has been brought to our attention that you may have received a letter or email from a company called Fair Expo asking you to make a payment towards digital media exposure on Fairexpo.info. Thank you very much to those of you who alerted us to this.
PLEASE NOTE this is a scam and has absolutely nothing to do with Brand Licensing Europe and we’d advise that you do not communicate with this organisation.
If you are ever in doubt about a piece of communication you receive in relation to BLE please don’t hesitate to check with us. Companies to be particularly vigilant about include FairGuide.com, Construct Data Verlag, Expo Guide (Mexico) and Event Fair. These companies send misleading directory services forms or ask for payments that are completely unrelated to BLE. Unsuspecting exhibitors who sign and return the form are then contracted into a three-year, non-retractable agreement, which could cost the exhibitor a significant amount of money.
Here is some advice from the Association of Event Organisers.
If you fall victim to this scam:
Our advice is to IGNORE THEM COMPLETELY, and not communicate with them in any way. Writing letters simply confirms that you exist and are available at the address/email address/number they have for you, and therefore payment can be pursued.
1) Report it to your local trading standards
2) DO NOT PAY ANYTHING
3) DO NOT COMMUNICATE WITH THE SCAMMERS even when they threaten legal action
4) Optional: Complain to the receiving bank that their client Fairexpo.info (or equivalent), is obtaining money by deception.
These organisations have also been known to use debt recovery agencies, the same advice stands for these agencies.
We’ll include a list of all official partners in the exhibitor manual when it goes live later this year. In the meantime please don’t hesitate to check anything that makes you suspicious with us.
IMPORTANT: Prevention of fraudulent activity
Informa Markets is constantly working to improve security and reduce the risk to our customers of any fraudulent activity.
I would like to take this opportunity to remind you of the following:
- Funds should only be remitted to the bank account details quoted on UBM/Informa Markets invoices.
- Informa Markets will never contact our customers directly to request for funds to be remitted to any bank account other than that printed on the invoice.
- Informa Markets emails are sent from @ubm.com or @informa.com addresses and any variation from this should be considered potentially fraudulent