Retail Mentoring Programme
Licensing for Retailers
The Retail Mentoring Programme is a free, CPD-accredited series of seminars, workshops and 1-2-1 consultancy sessions for retailers that explains brand licensing and the benefits that licensing can offer.
The programme covers every aspect of the industry, from identifying new trends to understanding the licensing agreement, and helps retailers put it into practice. The course gives those new to licensing the tools to successfully negotiate deals and deliver licensed consumer products to store shelves from every category.
PREVIOUS DELEGATES INCLUDE:
Who should attend the Retail Mentoring Programme?
Junior Retail Buyers
Learn more about the huge opportunities and potential pitfalls of selling licensed consumer products.
Do you have junior team members new to licensing? Take advantage of a free CPD-accredited licensing training course.
If you are a designer, marketer or merchandiser working with licensed products this course has plenty to offer.
Applications for the Retail Mentoring Programme have now been closed. Thank you for your interest.
The licensing training course includes:
- A spot at the Licensing Essentials Course and Spring Fling in May
- An invitation to judge the Licensing Awards
- A spot at the Retail Mentoring Programme’s closing conference
- Access to exclusive retail content at BLE, where retailers can meet more than 260 leading brands and owners and agents across every category
- A full day with a licensor to help them better understand licensing from the brand owner side, as well as receiving tips on how to work effectively with some of the world’s best-known properties and agents. Previous hosts have included The Point.1888, NBCUniversal, Natural History Museum and Viacom Nickelodeon Consumer Products
Why brand licensing is crucial for retailers
"Licensing has always been a hard task to train people on and a hard task to delegate. With the introduction of the Retail Mentoring Programme, we now have three team members who are better informed, trained and qualified in licensing than we as a senior team ever have been. We’re already seeing a more empowered approach to licensing and one of our delegates has already signed two new licenses that wouldn’t have been possible had it not been for his participation in the programme."
Pat Wood, Managing Director at TruffleShuffle.com